[Heeplist] Conquest

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 17:36:46 EDT 2014

Wow, I was enjoying Conquest again today, what powerful songs and lyrics.
If only they had a decent singer.  I did find out today Sloman had a gig
before Heep in which he starred in a USA Television series under the psuedo
name of Ron Ely  here is some info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Ely

Anyhow, I was thinking the end of Imaginiation and the Beginning of Feelings
is the most powerful and coolest one tow punch in music history!!  And tell
me you don¹t get a rush at the midpoint of Out in the Street when Sloman
shuts up and the band goes wild in one of their greatest instrumental jams!!
I like Carry on  but that is not a Heep song nor is I Won¹t Have to Wait too
Long, but I won¹t have Wait too long sounds like it would have been a great
Who song!!

My favorites are the guitar classic Fools, The powerful Ballad It Ain¹t
Easy, the outstanding Out in the Street, the power bass of Imagination and
the pumped up Feelings which should have been the smash hit single Mick has
always craved.

I listened to 10 miles, great music, but not heep.  Of course all Heep is
good Heep (officially released that is)    :-)