[Heeplist] (no subject)

Don Malecic docofun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:27:41 EDT 2014

It was July 1983,  Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver. My first time I would see
Heep live . Heep was on their North American tour
Backing up Def Leppard .
Def was riding high on their wave at the time,
Especially in North America, so I guess that's the way it had to be .
It was exciting to finally see the guys for the first time,  Mick did what
seemed like a 5 min
Unaccompanied guitar solo, saw Sinclair rocking his keyboards back and
forth.
I think he had them mounted on springs?
The real downer was the sound and lighting restriction that was put on Heep
that evening. The sound was muffled and the volume turned down, bad
lighting.
Miraculously the volume level and intensity
Came on for Def Leppard, like someone had forgotten about the light switch
and just turned it on.
Of course everyone there erupted when Def started to play.
I have to say Def didn't do Heep any favours  that evening.
About the 3 rd song into Defs set my friend got a spray of puke from
someone behind him, so that ended our evening and left.
I was happy to leave Def Leppard and their fans.