[Heeplist] (no subject)

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at uriah-heep.fi
Wed Aug 20 03:59:51 EDT 2014

Of course he was pissed off as he was fired from the band shortly
after the album release. But the fact is that the musical ideas of the
other members had been pretty much used on Wonderworld, Return To
Fantasy and Byron's first solo album on which both Box and Kerslake
participated in songwriting. They just didn't have songs. Bron
demanded a new album to be recorded and released before summer so
there was no option. As it's all Ken's songs, it is natural then that
he also had a bigger role than normally and David's and Mick's
contributions were less. I have always thought this is practically
Ken's solo album not a proper Heep album because of reasons mentioned
before. It is the case with just about all Heep albums released in the
70's that they were rushed and the results could have been better if
they had had the chance to take some time of concentrate more on song
writing and recording.

--
TapioM.
tapio at uriah-heep.fi