[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heeplist] (no subject)

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 07:44:08 EDT 2014

I think folk were turned off by H&M because the band deviated from fantasy.
However in my opinion, at the time and still, Ken got his chance to dominate
and shine.  The music is outstanding.  Ok, there is 2 filler songs Can't
Stop Singing and Confession, but the rest of them rock. Even Make A Little
Love is a catchy tune.  Their most underated tune is "Can't Keep a Good Band
Down"  I have always felt that would be a perfect track for them to open
shows with.  Listen to the lyrics, Heep is waving their flag at the
critics!!

The guitar work is Mick's best to date and though Ken did abandon the
hammond, his keys are very progressive sounding for the time.  David soared
on this one, it was his best vocal to date.  Other than Confession, I don't
hear any pop.  Weep in Silence has to be Mick's signature track, the guitar
work on that song is breathtaking.  Footprints in the Snow is one of the
most haunting songs heep has done.  Midnight, my all time favorite heep song
is the one that conjures  up the magic of early pyschodelic heep.  One Way
or Another is a rocking song and I always liked the different feel of the
vocals.

By the way what is wrong with Pop anyway?  I hate the term!!  I like music
that is light and airy and positive sounding.  Go listen to some Hip Hop
with all its ethnic slurs and foul language.  Then put on some country
music!!  By the time you roll around to the pop again, it will sound pretty
good!