[Heeplist] H&M

Dale Fredericks dalhel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 21 00:47:26 EDT 2014

Just when I think I have formed a solid opinion about a Heep album……….along comes a few posts on the list that totally change the way I look at that album. So there I was today digging out High And Mighty and listening to the album with an open mind as if I was listening to it for the first time. There were no preconceived  ideas of whether a particular song was used as “filler” or shoulda-coulda been on a Hensley solo album or a Heep album. After a very concise and unbiased listen to H&M I have come to this conclusion: I would buy this album again EVEN if it only had the following four songs.

Weep In Silence
Midnight
Footprints In The Snow
Confession

These are the four songs that move me the most on this album, although the whole album agrees with me more than when I first got it. It’s probably because I have mellowed out somewhat and I don’t need to be blasted through the roof like I did in the 70’s ! This is really a very nice album, definitely NOT a pop album.

Dale :-)>