[Heeplist] Heeplist] Celebration released on vinyl

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 07:56:09 EDT 2014

I have a good story for each.  For Conquest, I had given up and accepted the
fact that Heep was done.  Then one day browsing the imports at Harmony Hut,
I found Conquest.  I almost did not buy it, due to funds, but glad I did, as
they never restocked it.  Plus I never, ever saw it again, where ever I
looked.

I was driving south on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Northeast Extension.  (does
anyone need to know the mile marker number? Or debate the year?)
It was late at night, returning from a trip to Ohio, the wife and kids all
sleeping.  I could barely stay awake myself.  I got with in range of a
Philly station (that is local slang for Philadelphia) and a song came on the
radio.  I thought to myself, hey it sounds pretty good, and it must be
Rainbow with a new vocalist.  Then when the DJ says Uriah Heep's new single,
I went apeshit!!  Woo hoo, new heep, even though it sure fooled me.  I did
not recognize the group as heep, until I was told it was.  Anyhow, next
morning I hit every record store until I found Abobinog!