[Heeplist] UH singers

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Mon Aug 4 11:48:17 EDT 2014

 To this I must add: to me even pronouncing Lawton's name along with Goalby's is a blasphomy. John's voice is beautiful, colorful and extremely powerful, and I daresay he was the best singer in Heep if we consider power, range, flexibility as well as some other components. However there's only one David Byron. As I said earlier, he was special - and he was one of those who formed the band.
P.S. To Don's remarks about Mick Box' place in Heep' history I will answer with Mr. Hensley's words which in my opinion more than shed a light on why Mr.Box was a bit behind overall during the classical period: "When we'd get to studio to record another album, I usually had 8 songs, David had a couple, Mick had... ideas..." In my opinion, that sums it up: that band was about songs, and only since it had become more customized hard rocking unit with Mick Box at helm, he finally got himself more space in the mix.
Cheers, Igor