[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heeplist] USA Date Confirmed

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 22:35:29 EDT 2014

Sorry Dave for using the term exaggerate, I was trying to convey to Terje
that it is the whole USA like that.

The town of Lakewood just closed down Tent city or as some called it
Heartache City (that makes it heep related.  It was a homeless community
with tents and shacks on township property. It was there for 10 years then
the govt came in and chased them all out and bulldozed everything.

On 7/29/14 3:17 PM, "Dave Sherod" <porcupineheep at cox.net> wrote:

> Like I said I can only speak for San Diego, it's extra bad here because it's a
> big military city that happens to have the largest homeless rate for x
> military in the United States, we went of a drive a few months ago and we
> couldn't believe how bad it is thousands of people lined the streets and
> that's no exaggeration, and there are no jobs, that includes fast food or
> retail, what's sad is that so many people believe that there are those jobs
> and people just won't take it, I know because I've applied at all those places
> for three years now. But, again this is not the place to talk about these
> things, and I sorry to go on like this. Dave S.

Bob Winward
> <uriahheep at comcast.net> wrote:
>Terje, I think Dave S was exaggerating.  Yes
> there are homeless people but
>not more than those who have houses.  America
> no longer has the factory or
>big jobs they used to.  Although with fast food
> or retail there are plenty
>of those sort of jobs.
>

>On 7/29/14 6:08 AM,
> "Terje Pedersen" <terjped at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That is just sad.. last
> time I was in the US was more than 10 years ago and I
>> never saw anyone
> living on the streets.  I see plenty here in Europe now
>> though. I think
> it¹s a global problem, there is no jobs anymore, everyone is
>> supposed to be
> computer geeks or bureaucrats.  I been unemployed for 2 years
>> myself but
> luckily in Norway we have a strong social system so you get some
>> security.
> Hopefully getting good news next week when going to a job intervue.
>>
> :-)
>
>Terje
>
>----

> eeplist mailing