[Heeplist] In Rock sound :))))

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sun Jul 27 19:29:02 EDT 2014

 You may be amazed, David, but it isn't always the case with the Stateside made albums. Only yesterday a friend of mine brought along the original Parlophone-made Sgt.Pepper's... of 1967 to compare with my Capitol release made in America 1969. And you know what?! Mine playes at least on the same level including all the details, dynamics and the sonic scene and the condition is way way better, so I'm lucky here. I believe, it is not American industry as a whole to blame but the very WB - most of their releases of English bands are inferior to the English originals. I have all of the Heep lot on green Warner so I know what I'm talking about. Luckily too, in my possesion are not only those copies of 73-77 period... But WB's Heep is ok, and In Rock stands out... I take as just a pure insult to the American hard rockers.
Cheers, Igor