[Heeplist] Outsider Month Two

Shawn Mctopy shawn.mctopy at selu.edu
Sat Jul 19 12:44:05 EDT 2014

Bob,

The new album makes for three consistently great album from *The HEEP* - *'WAKE
THE SLEEPER*', *'INTO THE WILD'*, and *'OUTSIDER'*.

Some groups, later in their careers, seem to fizzle out, but *URIAH HEEP*
seem to consistently produce great music and songs. The band is still very
energetic. Some younger bands might be hard pressed to match the energy of
the *Mighty* *HEEP!*

The band is really on a roll! And ...  they really have a great thing
happening, production wise, with producer *Mike Paxman* as well. *Mr.
Paxman* is like the band's George Martin or Eddie Kramer *(in my opinion)*.

I like how on the song *'The Law'* the band breaks down into the quiet
section. Then, the song slowly builds back up again. That's a nice use of
dynamics. A truly neat and unexpected musical move from the band ... Very
Cool!

Also, I like the feedback, and how Mick strums the strings up by the
guitar's headstock, at the end of *'Speed Of Sound'*.

That little bit reminds me of a *Neil Young & Crazy Horse* noise type
thing.  :)  I like how *'Speed Of Sound*' ends and then *'One Minute'*
starts. From a noisy/feedback ending into a quiet piano intro. That's
another great use of musical dynamics.

 Yes indeed - *URIAH HEEP* just plain and simply stated - *ROCK!!!*

*Mick Box* has become one of my all-time favorite guitarists, along with
the *'Space-Meister'* Ace Frehley, Jimmy Page, and Peter Frampton.

And ... *Phil Lanzon* has become one of my favorite keyboard maestros,
along with the late Rick Wright *(Pink Floyd)* and John Evan (original
keyboard player with *JETHRO TULL*).

*Such great music ... such talented musicians!*

*HEEP* *ON *.. fellow *Heep-sters!*