[Heeplist] [NHC] Steve Walsh leaving Kansas

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Tue Jul 8 20:30:03 EDT 2014

 Sorry for the wrong letters, you have to read "status" instead of "statute" in my previous message...
Cheers, Igor

Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:01:26 -0700 от David Amendolara <mail4hamurabi at yahoo.com>:
>Wasn't it Mick's intention, around the time of Abominog, to come out with a Mick Box Band type of album / band?
>
>IIRC it was the record company that made him keep the Heep name active at that point.
>
>Feel free to correct me on this, as I am not sure.
>
>Dave

>Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2014
 5:30 PM
>Subject: Re: [Heeplist] [NHC] Steve Walsh leaving Kansas
>
>Bob,
>I believe, it wasn't the grim reaper but their respective minds. Byron was obvioulsly fed up with the very idea of Heep long before he stoped creating anything while Gary simply desintegrated as a person, also long before he died. Sure it is extremely sad - but Heep could do even without them. Box's version of the band, on one hand, was a mistake especially bearing in mind neither he nor his collaborants truly had anything to do with the magical, mystical side of Heep - which, in fact, made up Uriah Heep. On the other hand, they played good music - and still do! - and that is why I love them as a real band, not as a ghost of that classic UH. Thus, I never compare various eras and think Universal Wheels, Too Scared To Run, What Kind Of God and some others (too many to
 mention here really) are as good as anything off the 70-s. You prefer BTW? No problem, also terrific. But it is in the same vein as the best Box/Lanzon songs - which means it is of the same (different) caliber :))))))
>Cheers, Igor
>

>Thu, 03 Jul 2014 10:26:57 -0400 от Bob Winward < uriahheep at comcast.net >:
>>I think what Rick was trying to say is that Abominog was a great record in
>>its time compared to the music of its time.  If he is not saying that, then
>>forgive me, but I feel that way.
>>
>>There is no song on Abominog equal to that of july Morning, Gypsy,Paradise
>>the Spell etc.  But since then Heep has only done one song that is of that
>>caliber
 and that is Between Two Worlds.  The magic died in the mid 70's even
>>why Ken was still there, so I would not blame Abominog.
>>
>>We can blame the Grim Reaper (not to be confused with the band of same name)
>>for taking David and Gary prematurely from the 70's lineup
>>

>>On 7/3/14 8:55 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <  zlenko_iv at mail.ru > wrote:
>>

>>Come on, Rick,
>>I really like Abominog and some of the later songs, especially
>>> Son Of A Bitch! :)))))) But you can't be serious saying that is Uriah Heep for
>>> that name goes together well with magic and mystery which real UH brought to
>>> the
 world. True Uriah Heep spirit remained with the band until they started