[Heeplist] [NHC] Steve Walsh leaving Kansas

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Thu Jul 3 08:55:44 EDT 2014

Come on, Rick,
I really like Abominog and some of the later songs, especially Son Of A Bitch! :)))))) But you can't be serious saying that is Uriah Heep for that name goes together well with magic and mystery which real UH brought to the world. True Uriah Heep spirit remained with the band until they started the free-me thing :)))) And don't get me wrong, I do not blame Ken, that's just the way that it was. :))))))))))))))) Songs like Hot Night in a Cold Town (more Playboy's Hot Rocks kind of thing don't you think?) or Sell Your Soul - they are typical although good examples of US-oriented simplified heavy pop-rock. No problem, I like it. Perhaps, the 80-s were no time for  traditional Heepy values... Regarding The Outsider, I believe it is already THE BEST hard rock LP of the year and their colleagues will have to jump out of their trousers in effort to surpass the album.
Cheers, Igor