[Heeplist] My Outsider review for In Rock magazine (R ussia)

Shawn Mctopy shawn.mctopy at selu.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:16:03 EDT 2014

Bob,

The album is still growing on me *(figuratively speaking)*. So far, my
favorite tunes are: *'ONE MINUTE', 'JESSIE*' and* 'SAY GOODBYE'.*

I'm comparing the album to the previous albums *'WAKE THE SLEEPER*' and *'INTO
THE WILD'*.

The *'WTS*' album really impressed me from the start. I reckon this is
> because the opening track, on this particular album, literally comes a
> *ROARING* out of the speakers. Wake the sleeper - Indeed! :)

*'OUTSIDER'* is an album that I will have to spend some more time listening
to, for it's full sonic merits to really take hold.

In Igor's review he mentioned that the album's artwork reminds him of Storm
Thorgerson, and I feel the same. However, I miss the exotic landscapes of
artist Ioannis. I hope the band works with Mr. Ioannis again sometime in
the future, as I really like his style of artwork.

Once again, I'll spend some more time listening to *OUTSIDER'*, and let the
album settle in my ears to get a better feel for the new music.

Take Care, Bob.

And, as always ... Keep A *HEEP'n!*