[Heeplist] A 2 review on Amazon

ray clark raymond.clark at att.net
Mon Jun 23 16:07:17 EDT 2014

   I remember in 1974 at the age of 14 I saw "Look at Yourself" in my friends record collection and immediately Uriah Heep  became my favorite band. I then bought all the other releases and looked forward to every album since. I am by no means anywhere near having any musical talent what so ever. I put up with all my classmates giving me a rough time saying "Oh they're just trying to sound like Deep Purple" The bass on "Paradise/The Spell mesmerizes me still to this day. I enjoyed "Into the Wild" immensely. "Outsider" will have to grow on me awhile so I really won't place it in any order of favorite Heep albums, first to last just yet. All I know is my 4 year old granddaughter has loved "Lady in Black" for three years, I recently gave my 8 year old grandson an old tablet which somehow had "Look at Yourself" still on it and he cranks up "Tears in My Eyes"(maybe this is the start of something familiar), and finally one of the classiest things I ever
 witnessed was at the Nov. 2012 Milwaukee show when they played "Demons and Wizards" in its entirety, Heep hired a local slide guitarist to play and allowed him to close the show with about a 3 minute solo to "Look at Yourself". They had no reason to, they weren't even on the stage.