[Heeplist] Can't Take the List Away

Dale Fredericks dalhel at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 14 14:53:01 EDT 2014

Here’s what you missed from me Bob.
Well I received the much anticipated “Outsider” CD today and after a first listen here goes:
Speed Of Sound———————typical high energy opening song, like the last three openers have been.
One Minute———————still undecided.
The Law———————good “Heep Choir” on this one and also some strange tempo changes.
The Outsider———————Mick shines on this one. (question though, how does he catch his reflection in the middle of the night ? ).
Rock The Foundation——————still undecided.
Is Anybody Gonna Help Me———————a waste of a good 5 minutes.
Looking At You———————my favorite so far. Dave’s bass licks are comparable to Trevor’s on this rocker !
Can’t Take That Away——————nice above average rocker, kind of undecided on it as of yet.
Jessie———————lyrics make me want to not like her, but vocals, etc. don’t get me in that frame of mind.
Kiss The Rainbow…………kind of lukewarm reaction, give me a few more listens.
Say Goodbye———————Phil gets a chance for a great grand finale on the hammond and he delivers.

Most of this is a result of anticipation being so great and having to listen a few more times before my anticipation matches my reality.
I’m just glad that we continue to get new Heep to critique  and enjoy ! By the end of the week this may be one of my favorites, who knows???