[Heeplist] Uriah Heep Finnish tour

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at uriah-heep.fi
Wed Jun 11 02:10:47 EDT 2014

Tales from the road. I don't know if my mail after Kivenlahtirock came
through the list as I haven't noticed any comments but I hope it did.
Yesterday was the fourth night of the tour and the third that I saw.
Now I'm at a hotel and few hours time before my train leaves so
there's finally time to write some mails. All different shows as the
venues are completely different. First was a festival show, the second
in Kauhava a hotel night club, the third in Pori was a large concert
hall with seats only, no standing room, and the fourth here in Salo
was an old factory that has been renovated to a sort of sports and
leisure complex, the hall where Heep played was next door to a bowling
alley.

The band has been in great form and very energetic powerful shows but
Mick is a bit ill, throat is so sore that he can hardly speak so he
can't sing backing vocals at all and the vocal harmonies are because
of that not quite what they're normally when it's only Phil and Daver
on backing vocals.

The two new songs have been recieved very well by the audiences, it
seems like One Minute was not the band's choice for a single as Bernie
has been mentioning at shows that "the men in suits" decided this.
Personally I prefer Can't Take That Away and it was great to get to
hear that songs live, it's one of my favourites on Outsider.

The set lists for Pori and Salo we're the same:
- Against The Odds
- Overload
- Sunrise
- Stealin
- I'm Ready
- Between Two Worlds
- Can't Take That Away
- One Minute
- Gypsy
- Look At Yourself
- July Morning
- Lady In Black

encores:
- Free 'N' Easy
- Easy Livin

One more show to go tonight, after that I'll go to a cottage by the
lake to continue my Summer vacation and just relax for some time. Last
night was very special for me becasue it was my 50th birthday. 500
guests, Uriah Heep playing, what a birthday party! The best one I have
ever had.

--
TapioM.
tapio at uriah-heep.fi