[Heeplist] Initial Led Zep remaster thoughts

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 18:24:16 EDT 2014

I bought the downloads for I & III today. You're right, Dave, the live show isn't as good as the 1970 show from the DVD/CD, but I thought the performance was very good, quite in the vein of the BBC recordings. Quality wise, it is a very good to excellent boot, I didn't make that clear.

I really wish that Page had released another live show for II rather than what's on disc 2. Now that there's virtually no hope of another reunion, maybe he'll put out some more live recordings. I've became a big fan of Zep live once I discovered that The Song Remains The Same is one of their worst shows ever, and not indicative of what they could really do on stage. When they were on, they were as good as Heep ever were in the 70s (boy, is that gonna get me some flames!!!!!)

Jay
np - Artension - Machine

 From: Dave <porcupineheep at cox.net>

I tried listening to them, but only found the first album worth getting
because of the live disc, the rest had nothing that I felt added anything
new worth having, I do think the track you mentioned from 3 is worth getting
if your into that style which I am not. I look forward to 4 hoping for more
interesting takes, and hopeful of more live shows. Sadly the live disc is
not near as good as the 70 show on the DVD a few years back which is way
better still than any other bootleg or official release ive heard. DS