[Heeplist] New John Lawton cd

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 08:44:19 EDT 2014

I got in the mail late Wednesday afternoon.  I was able to listen once
through yesterday (and am now ripping to mp3 so I can enjoy on my ipod as
well).  It is too soon to do a formal review.  However I am highly impressed
first listen.  It is similar in style to the first, yet more interesting
sounding.   I can already sense each song will have its own identity.  The
Toto voice sings some of the lead as well as John, however on those tracks
John contributes heavily to the background vocals.  There is a really nice
mix of ballads and rockers.  The music is uplifting and has really nice
textures about it.  I will be able to review more indepth after a few
lessons, but for anyone who is a huge fan of John L¹s vocals like myself, it
is a must have. Also there is a heep connection with the drummer Simon
Philips.  He never played in Heep but has played with Wetton before, who was
in Heep.

Also in case anyone is interested amazon.de has the Outsider mp3¹s for sale,
however I did not order yet. I am stil working on translating the words so I
know what to fill in.  Then I am wondering if I will be able to read the
download instructions.

Also working on emptying out my drop box  and editing my will this morning.
:-)