[Heeplist] WOOHOO!!! Outsider soundbytes available!

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri May 9 07:55:04 EDT 2014

I just listened to all 12 tracks.  I did not hear anything like Gypsy, July
Morning, Trail of Diamonds or Between two Worlds.  It sounded punchy and
lively sort of a cross between Different World and Wake the Sleeper.  Then
again I remember when they did the clip thing for ITW, I had a similar
reaction.  You really cannot get the flavor of a 4 minute song with a one
minute clip.  The lyrics did not grab me and I didn't hear much heep choir.
However, the bass and drums were powerful and punchy,I heard some
outstanding guitar solos.  I like when Mick comes up with riffs we haven't
heard before.  The keyboards sounded dominant and consistent throughout with
flashes of hammond riffs.

This reminds me of the supermarket, where the lady gives you a sample of
some meat on a toothpick.  If you are hungry, that little tiny morsel won't
fill the belly, however what I have heard so far makes me yearn for the day
when I can sit down and have the whole steak dinner!!!  Another analogy, it
is like getting to sniff the turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving morning.  I
won't be happy until I can sink my teeth into the drumstick smothered with
hot gravy, then gorge myself on stuffing, cranberry and sweet potatoes!

Yes!!!  A new Heep cd is in the wind, take your sniffs below and start
salivating for the Feast!!  And some will get to eat on the 6th of June,
others will have to wait until the 10th!!!!!!!!!