[Heeplist] Outsider UK release date 9th June?

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at uriah-heep.fi
Sat Apr 12 02:16:24 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin

The show was really good. It's a very rare treat to see Magnum here in
Finland also because this was the second time ever that they've been
here. The first  time was in 1989. I was also at that first gig also
so now I can say I've seen all their shows in Finland. I only hope
it's not going to be another 25 years wait for their next gig!

The set was half new - half old. Four songs from the new album plus
one or two each from the preceeding albums released in the past ten
years. The other half was songs from 1980's albums plus Kingdom Of
Madness from the debut album. The only small thing to critisize was
that the gig seemed a bit like a routine job, there wasn't much
talking in between the songs and interaction with the audiendce, they
pretty much just played the songs the same way as they are on studio
albums, one encore song and that was it. I would have hoped a bit more
interaction for example the way that Bernie Shaw does at Heep gig. But
the gig was good anyway and I as just happy to get to seem them here
again after 25 years. I like the new album and actually all albums
since Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow are good.

There was a Heep connection at the gig as well because former Heep
roadie Christos was in the road crew. I recognized him during the show
and was hoping I could have said hi to him after the show but he was
so busy that I didn't want to disturb him at this work and I had to
leave soomn after the gig was over to catch the last bus home.

Yes I know "the other Tapio", not that well but he lives here in
Helsinki also and I've met him several times in the past ten years at
concerts and some parties organized by the Finnish Deep Purple fan
club as we're both members. A very nice guy indeed and a walking
dictionary when it comes to anything related to Ronnie James Dio and
his career.

--
TapioM.
tapio at uriah-heep.fi