[Heeplist] Led Zeppelin Deluxe Remasters

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 17:07:52 EDT 2014

I have up to this point been staying out of this discussion.  Yes I did like
LZ at one time, I even owned Houses of the Holy as one of about 10 8 tracks
and played it all the time.  My favorite was Dyer Maker and Has anyone seen
that Confounded Bridge.  Then Stairway to Heaven came out and I was
mesmerized.  I also loved Whole Lotta Love, a truly great rock song.  Then
in September 1974 I heard Heep for the first time and it was love at first
listen.  To me Heep was the ultimate band and still are, LZ over the years
quickly faded into in my past.  Sure they were played to death on classic
radio, far more than they should have.  They were a great band, but sadly
stopped when John Bonham passed away.

Instead we should be talking as to why Heep never got the airplay LZ did.  I
remember hearing David Byron was upset about that too.