[Heeplist] you guys need to quit

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 16:52:19 EDT 2014

Egads, Pat Lanips!!  Another old time joke on the list, circa 1997.  During
the height of the real flame wars that were ongoing, Pat Lanips emerged on
the list, spreading hate and discontent.  Everyone was pissed off at him,
and we were all writing each other offlist trying to figure out who he was.
Some of us had the theory that it was a list member toying with us.  I was
on a chat with the Madman and he even asked me who I thought pat lanips was,
and I shared my theories.  It was sort of like talking to the serial killer
without his mask on.

I believe it was PETE WHARTON who figured out one day that pat lanips was
Spinal Tap spelled backwards.  Finally the culprit emerged and admitted to
being Pat Lanips.  It was Merrick the Madman.  Previous to that point,
Merrick never wrote full sentences or paragraphs on the list, so we were all
fooled, none of us knew the madman could string together 2 sentences in a
row, so he had us all fooled.  Sorry Merrick, not to insult you, but you did
play the part well!!