[Heeplist] Bob THE Heep Fan

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 19:46:45 EDT 2014

Igor, Jay and I have known each other for close to 18 years now, and he is
bringing up some old jokes from the list I will explain in a moment.  What
he says is not meant to be taken seriously.  I am not the worlds greatest
Heep fan or any better than anyone else here on the list.  I do love Uriah
Heep music and think of them as very special and admit I am seriously
obsessed with them.  I do think of them as the greatest band and above all
other bands.  That is just my opinion though and every one has a right to
theirs.  And if someone on the list thinks Equator or Conquest sucks that is
their right.  I certainly cannot change their minds or argue them into
liking.  Although in the latter 90's I did try that, lol!!

Back in the early days on the list, I was a very stubborn, narrow minded
highly opinionated person.  So rather than admit I was wrong at times, I
created an alter ego Robert Warren, which happens to be the formal first
name and middle name on my birth certificate.  With Jay's help it developed
into a list institution, just like Jay claiming "he was always right" or my
"All Heep is Good Heep".  I used to actually post as Robert Warren flaming
Bob Winward, but everyone on the list at the time saw the humor in it.  I
hope that helps you understand Jay's post.  I apologize for my trouble
communicating in English.  As one of my beloved UK friends pointed out to me
at HV 2000, I speak American, lol!!  (I was once handed a pair of headphones
at Stone Henge while standing at the translation desk by a fellow Heepster
who said "here Bob, they have it in American")

I love all the fun I have had on the Heep list over the years and the
friends I have made and do cherish that!  It makes it easy to digest the few
flame wars that erupt from time to time.  My goal now, is just not to cause
any.  :-)

On 3/31/14 7:05 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  That was an amazing passage :)))) You are the men, men :) High and Mighty as
> the Wizards keeping on trying should be :)))
Cheers, Igor

Sun, 30 Mar 2014

Jay Pearson <deepheep at yahoo.com>:
>Bob, quit being so
> humble!!!! You are THE MAN when it comes to the Ultimate Heep Fan!!!!!! (at
> least of those on the list)
>
>Man, I just had a long chat with Robert Warren
> about this. We thought long and hard if there was anyone else even close. He
> stated, and I agree: "Winward needs to look at himself, wake up, and see that
> he is the wizard of Heepfandom. I keep on trying to be very 'umble like him,
> and one day I just might, but for now I'm just a dreamer. One way or another
> we've got to get that confession out of him. I can't stop singing his high and
> mighty praises. You just can't keep a good man down...I think it's the spell
> he weaves. If I had the time, maybe in a year or a day, but I'm so tired, it's
> like chasing the shadows and the wind trying to keep up with that
> man!"
>
>That's a quote straight from a wise man's own mouth, Bob. His words,
> not mine...
>

>Jay ;-)
>

>________________________________
> From: Bob
> Winward < uriahheep at comcast.net >
>

>Well I am glad we have that
> straightened out!  No seriously, I do not think
>of myself better than anyone
> else.  I was just admitting I am obsessed with
>Heep and like Heep more than
> other bands.  By "the rest" I meant the rest of
>the bands, not the fans here
> on the list.  I love groups like Styx, Yes,
>Genesis, Kansas, ELP, DP, UFO
> etc, but do not become fanatical about them
>and buy every release.  I choose
> Heep as my top band, then there is the rest
>of the bands.  The other point I
> made, is some have to show they know more
>than anyone else, or have all the
> scoops or the secret in with Mick and the
>boys.  There are several on the
> list who share my fanaticism and understand
>my opinion.  Plus I have fun with
> the "ultimate heep fan" stuff on the list.
>It is my gig, my signature, my
> material and sadly some take it too
>seriously.
> Lol!