[Heeplist] Bob THE Heep Fan

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 00:52:24 EDT 2014

Bob, quit being so humble!!!! You are THE MAN when it comes to the Ultimate Heep Fan!!!!!! (at least of those on the list)

Man, I just had a long chat with Robert Warren about this. We thought long and hard if there was anyone else even close. He stated, and I agree: "Winward needs to look at himself, wake up, and see that he is the wizard of Heepfandom. I keep on trying to be very 'umble like him, and one day I just might, but for now I'm just a dreamer. One way or another we've got to get that confession out of him. I can't stop singing his high and mighty praises. You just can't keep a good man down...I think it's the spell he weaves. If I had the time, maybe in a year or a day, but I'm so tired, it's like chasing the shadows and the wind trying to keep up with that man!"

That's a quote straight from a wise man's own mouth, Bob. His words, not mine...

Jay ;-)

________________________________
 From: Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>

Well I am glad we have that straightened out!  No seriously, I do not think
of myself better than anyone else.  I was just admitting I am obsessed with
Heep and like Heep more than other bands.  By "the rest" I meant the rest of
the bands, not the fans here on the list.  I love groups like Styx, Yes,
Genesis, Kansas, ELP, DP, UFO etc, but do not become fanatical about them
and buy every release.  I choose Heep as my top band, then there is the rest
of the bands.  The other point I made, is some have to show they know more
than anyone else, or have all the scoops or the secret in with Mick and the
boys.  There are several on the list who share my fanaticism and understand
my opinion.  Plus I have fun with the "ultimate heep fan" stuff on the list.
It is my gig, my signature, my material and sadly some take it too
seriously.  Lol!