[Heeplist] Led Zeppelin Deluxe Remasters

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sun Mar 30 14:48:04 EDT 2014

 Well, Wayne, tastes obviously differ, and if you want to know what I mean, watch the Danmarks radio concert. To me, it could've been much less beats in the beginning of the show. The only one in LZ who plays for the songs themselves and never tries to show off is Mr. Baldwin. As for the drummers point of view - I can easily accept that, you sure are not alone there, but I have a friend (a very good drummer) whos god is Mick Tucker of Sweet and he never really cared for Bonzo. My favourite is Ian Paice, his hands are magical to me, Bonham (who was more terrific with his foot) was very good but much more straightforward. Don't want to fall into an argument, just another point of view.
All the best, Igor
P.S. And yes, Lee Kerslake was very special too, his style is also closer to what I like than what Bonham did. Still, I don't want to sound like tryin' to diminish Bonzo, I like him a lot.