[Heeplist] The Girls and I

Rick Wilson rick.wilson.292768100 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 02:31:26 EDT 2014

Hi, Merrick!

Nice to see some links to good music that actually work, and are not
financing someone's future one world government a la the monopolizing
YOUTube!  I find your music quite unique with the harp basically replacing
the guitar along with some nice and steady drumming; and, the vocals are
quite nice, although I would add a few more effects.  "Sands of Time" in
its simplicity I think is rather charming and enchanting, but the melody
reminds heavily on "Hava Nagila".  "Everything", although not challenging
lyrically, wins one over with its simplistic Pop melody.  I would love to
hear more.  If YOU were the one that said YOU would like to use my lyrics
for Trevor called, "The Great Beyond", then, please, feel free to do so.

Lastly, some video links for Led Zep performing some of their more
Blues-oriented stuff, including two of their best on albums five and six,
respectively - "The Rain Song" and "Ten Years Gone".

"Babe, I'm Gonna Leave YOU" recorded for television in 1969:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMwNzEwMzQ4.html
"Dazed & Confused", I believe from the same show:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODcyMTAzODA=.html
"Since I've Been Loving YOU", full-length version from the remastered "The
Song Remains the Same" DVD:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQzNTY1Mzky.html
The aforementioned, "Ten Years Gone" from "Live at Knebworth":
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTIyNzA3ODMy.html?from=y1.2-1-95.3.3-2.1-1-1-2
and, "The Rain Song" from the same show:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTIyNzY0NDAw.html
as well as the movie performance from 1973:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU2MDc3MDg0.html?from=y1.2-1-95.3.6-2.1-1-1-5.

Keep on Rockin'!

Rick
[?]