[Heeplist] Lee's new cd (it's lee so it's heep related)

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Feb 12 10:10:03 EST 2014

The fact is though Lee plays all the drums, his name is part of the band
name and he writes and sings, that should be enough in itself for Heep fan's
enjoyment, but then again, that is my opinion.

Do not expect it to be a Heep style band or the second coming of Demons and
Wizards.  It is basic blues rock.  Lee wrote for Heep "Who Needs Me" do you
like "Who Needs Me" or Ozzy's "No Bone Movies"?  If you do, then you will
like this, but I am sure you will not name 'Who Needs Me" in your top 50
favorite Heep songs.
I love the live version of the song on Live in Europe by Heep.

I like the new BKB cd, it is enjoyable, basic blues rock, that is very well
done. If one likes music with the vocal style of Grand Funk, White Snake,
John Lawton, or Paul Rodgers then you may like this.  The fact that Lee is
on it is a major factor.  I would still like it if he was not, but I may not
have given it the necessary plays.  The guitar work and vocals of Berggren
are a very high level of talent.  Lee's drumming is his classic style and
there are really nice keyboards added to give the music more dimension than
a typical power trio.