[Heeplist] Congrats Jay and Seattle

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 13:11:07 EST 2014

Hi y'all!

What a game! This city is nuts. Fireworks were still going 2 hours after the game. Most of the local school districts have stated that kids can have excused absences tomorrow for the parade...except for Seattle Schools. The superintendent said kids will get an unexcused mark, even if their parents take them out!

When Percy Harvin scored on the return to start the second half, my 75-yr-old father-in-law was jumping up and down like a 5-yr-old, knocking his dinner plate over on his white carpet. He just laughed and said it was all worth it! :-)

Best moment for me was Peyton Manning, after the game, going to Richard Sherman to ask how he was doing after he'd gotten knocked out of the game with an ankle injury. People may question Peyton's legacy due to his playoff performance, but no one will ever question his character! That's a far greater legacy, one that every human can strive for. To bring it round to Heep, that's the kind of personal legacy that Mick Box, John Lawton, Trevor Bolder, and Lee Kerslake all established with me in my personal contact with them. All of them when I've met them or even in emails have shown that same type of character that Peyton Manning has shown.

Jay
np - Small Faces

 From: Stan From Home <evens78 at chartermi.net>

I enjoyed it, what an effort by the Seahawks, they brought it on every down. I like that none had been to a Super Bowl, and Wilson is a class act. Congrats Jay and Seattle. Next year, wait for it,... the Detroit Lions. You knew I was going to say Miami, but they need another year. Detroit is 56 years overdue!! They just need the new coach they just got, they have the talent.