[Heeplist] Lee's new cd (it's lee so it's heep related)

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sat Feb 8 11:04:10 EST 2014

Hey, is there anyone else on the list that has the CD and likes it?  What is
really cool, when you take out the cd there is a picture of Lee under the
disk.     Anyhow, I have played a few times through and this is the real
deal.  It is rock solid blues rock, every song is strong.  The vocals are
outstanding, the guitar work stunning.  It is so great to hear new music
with Lee¹s powerful drumming, strong and steady throughout.  He has such a
signature on the drums and it shines like the sun (no haziness with his
playing).  I can hear Lee¹s contributions to the writing, vocals, style and
the music is not just powerful blues rock, there is really great sounding
keys and mellotron that gives it a very nice touch.  The more I listen to
the lead vocals, it sounds more like John Lawton than Coverdale.  Lastly,
the bass is excellent.  It appears to be a power trio with keyboard
supplement.

The cd is highly recommended and readily available in the USA from NEH
records.  It only took 3 days by US mail to get here, I am impressed.