[Heeplist] Heep's new CD

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 15:36:19 EST 2014

Anyone out there still like or listen to Uriah Heep???!!!  Haven¹t seen much
here lately except a few posts about American football.  Heep had a gig last
night in the UK, not one report??  No set list on setlist.fm?  I did see a
post last week about heep news on facebook.   So just out of curiosity I
went there for the first time, they have a page, and it seems I friended it
a couple years back, but who has time for facebook?  Any how, there was a
link to an interview with Bernie.  Interestingly, I like rocking, but would
have preferred the prog sound.

³Bernie tells us: ³We are writing now, we are starting the 24th studio album
and we are in with our producer, Mike Paxman.

³We¹ve already clocked eight backing tracks in seven days, which is pretty
good going. We are doing a lot of the writing and arranging in the studio
itself. In the days of old we would have a lot of time off to come up with
stuff. We used to go to the rehearsal with finished songs.

³But Mick and Phil came in with five ideas recently and the ryhthm section
just added to it themselves. We were thinking of doing a prog album like
some of the more mystical songs that we used to do, but so far the eight
tracks are really rocky. It just evolved, and that¹s the way we like to
work. We¹ll have ideas and if it works it works, but sometimes the song on
the table at the end may not be anywhere near what the first idea was.

³When the producer says Œstop we¹ve got it¹ that is the first time you
really listen to what you¹ve recorded and it can blow your mind away. The
good thing is our ideas are still fresh and they are coming thick and fast.
It¹s not going to be an album of cover songs that¹s for sure!²

Bob W