[Heeplist] "The Guess Who?" vs. "Grand Funk Railroad"!

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sun Jan 12 18:54:03 EST 2014

 Shawn,
they say, for Axl Rose as well... :) I believe there were many more inspired by his looks and antics (including singing manner) that didn't quite make it. To me, he's a man not only talented, but with a great sense of humor, sadly missing with some other rockers. Never banale, never false. True and higly energetic. I really am disappointed I couldn't see him in his prime live and hardly will ever see live at all. But, of course, it wasn't only him - the whole band sounds incredible. To me, other southern rock bands simply lack guts, balls and whatever else it takes to meet up with original BOA (1969-1976) high standards. Maybe, early Blackfoot were close musicianship-wise (perhaps, even more virtuose) - but they are not that funny, and the songs are mostly of the same kind. BOA had simply more to offfer than anybody else.
Cheers, Igor

--
Igor Shveytser