[Heeplist] auto record players

todd klun toddklun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:55:43 EST 2014

chrysler had a hiway hifi ... and I seem to remember oldsmobile having one
in the dashboard . both were mid fifties things and were not succesful .
Bumps were not as bad as one might think , but the tracking force of needle
required to handle the bumps probably ruined a record after a couple plays.
.. 8 tracks ? I am in the process of cleaning my collection out . I am
getting rid of ELEVEN HUNDERED .. mostly country and duplicates. I am
keeping all the "good ones" I have over 60 titles of Elvis .. but I have
absolutely zero HEEP tapes so if any one has some to get rid of ,let me
know . I still have players and the still sound halfway decent . William
Lear developed the 8 track from the 4 track and did it right here in the
air capitol of the world Wichita Kansas .. any one remember seeing Learjet
Stereo 8 on the back of the tapes ?  ANY WAY .. there were a couple of car
record players , but never was mass produced like Ford Mo Co did the 8track
player.