[Heeplist] Is List Dead?

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Dec 18 09:11:36 EST 2013

Sorry to borrow a song from BS13 for the subject line, but is the list
Heeped out?  I for one (I¹m alive) and breathing and still loving Uriah Heep
music.  I will never apologize here for loving all of Heep¹s music and my
infamous quote ³All Heep is Good Heep²!

2014 is right around the corner with a Heep of news to be excited about.
First off a new cd being recorded, a DVD filming event in London March 4,
more touring, Swedish  Rock Fest, a cruise in 2015 and Heepvention 2015 in
Belgium.   On the last item, I did originally predict right here on the list
back in 1999 that the HV15 would be on the moon. (by the way a few listees
immediately pitched in and said it should be on the dark side)  Well I have
fallen short of that prediction.  So the Dark Side of Belgium, here we
come!!!

Regarding the new CD, here is a poll on HeepCom and only 10% of the votees
want it to sound like ITW.  Well over 20% want it to sound like Sea of
Light.  But the biggest surprise (shirley you jest) is 46% want It to sound
like Classic Heep.  I am in favor of that last one as much as any Heepster,
but the songwriting is different now, the cast has changed greatly.   From
SOL forward we have had some legitimate Heep classics, (in my opinion of
course) like Against the Odds, Words in the Distance, Love in Silence,
Logical Progression, Between 2 Worlds, Golden Palace, Trail of Diamonds.
The Lanzon-Shaw era has had much success and continues to give us music with
the words ³Uriah Heep² on the spine.  It will be very interesting to us all,
what the output will be like this time??

It is always a great time in WinwardWorld to be a Heepster!!

Being a lurker is a ³bunch of mulurky²  Let me close with a partial lyric
from the great King Crimson debut lp, the song Epitah:
³Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams²