[Heeplist] New Boston cd out today

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 07:39:59 EST 2013

Jay, the same logic applies to what you said.  Just for background, I have
to remind the list, that you did not become a Heep fan until Abominog 1981.
So essentially we could say you were not around when Heep came out.  They
were very special for 6 years and since I like John Lawton's work with the
band, you could say another 3 years.  Heep churned out great lp after great
lp in the 70's.  Often 2 in one year.  Boston was great and special, but
after the second lp disappeared because the fonder Tom Sholz had an attitude
toward the music business. (my opinion, not fact, but it sure looks that way
to me).
So whilst I agree that Boston was very special for about 2 years, Heep was
not a dime a dozen band.  Heep is the most special band that ever came out
and they sustain their success.  Yes there was a 10 years gap between Sonic
and Wake the Sleeper, but they still toured and released live music.  Heep
at their lowest point in the 80's was still a great band and put out great
music. Outside of Perfect Strangers by DP in 1987, no other band from the
70's put out the volume of music that Heep did and maintain such a high
level of quality.  I guess you could say Rainbow, but other than that....
Iron Maiden was not a peer of Heep in the early 70's.

On 12/9/13 11:25 PM, "Jay Pearson" <deepheep at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Igor, like you said, you weren't around when Boston came out. Yes, Brad Delp
> was that special, and his voice is probably more recognizable in the US than
> Hagar or Walsh, and probably as recognizable as Steve Perry.

You caught my
> irony about 80s Heep and similar bands in that period. What Boston did was new
> and original. Bands like Heep in the early 80s were a dime a dozen.

Jay
np -