[Heeplist] New Boston cd out today

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 20:12:12 EST 2013

Boston's first album had a very unique and fresh sound when it first came out. The songs were very well written and performed. Brad Delp is one of the greatest rock singers ever, and in the same league as David Byron IMO. Every song was played on FM radio (I don't know of any other album like that!), and many of the songs were played to death, so I understand anyone who doesn't like them. Their lyrics were their weakest point, very simple. But they had incredible impact on rock music. For better or worse, that first album set the standard for AOR melodic rock that every melodic rock band from Journey to even Uriah Heep tried to emulate. For example, you can especially hear Boston's impact on Heep's albums from Abominog thru Different World. (Like I said, for better or for worse...)

Jay
np - James Taylor - At Christmas

 From: DAVID M SHERROD <porcupineheep at cox.net>

They were just another over rated pop band with nothing of interest to me, then or now. DS.