[Heeplist] New Boston cd out today

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Dec 6 10:37:22 EST 2013

Corrrect, in my American opinion only, the debut is one of the greatest lps
of alltime, and definitely the greatest debut of any band.   More than a
feeling is right up there with Carry on My Winward Son by Kansas as top
songs of all time.

And then there is the next level up: Uriah Heep!!!!!!!

On 12/6/13 9:51 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Thanks, Bob, interesting. To me their debut is not top-notch stuff, just
> good, but I believe, people who grew up in America back then feel rather
> different because their grass was greener etc. and the songs like More Than A
> Feeling have special meaning to them which we, the younger (and foreign)
> generation just are not aware of.  :)
Cheers, Igor

Пятница,  6 декабря 2013,
> [...]
>After 1 listen, I feel I got my $5
> worth.  First off, the debut album from
>Boston was so great, nothing could
> ever measure up to it.  As for the new
>cd, I liked about 3 songs right off
> the bat.  I only got 1 listen, as I
>bought in late afternoon, for the last
> hour of my travelling.
>
>It sounds like the Boston formula. The sound of the
> instrumentation however
>is purely the Boston (Tom S) style. Layers of sound,
> guitars and keyboards.
>It seems to me (just my opinion, not fact) the band is
> basically 1 guy Tom
>Sholz.  Some of the tracks on this cd were recorded many
> years ago.  I
>counted 3 songs that credit the lead vocals to Brad Delp (RIP).
> Please do
>not take this as fact, as I was looking at the cd inlay while
> driving on the
>expressway (Pennsylvania Turnpike). They also feature a female
> vocalist and
>the replacement guy on the rest of the tracks.

> partially agree with Jay that this will not measure up to the debut
>lp,
> however it sounds very listenable and likeable to me.  It is hard to
>classify
> the music, but at one time we could  have used the term MOR (middle
>of the
> road)  I am sure a couple of the songs will get airplay on the local
>station
> that plays Taylor Swift a lot and Sammy Davis Jr. (remember him
>singing "The
> Candy Man"?  Well the local MOR station still plays that tune..
>"Who can make
> the sun rise...."
>
>Coming out with one cd every 10 years is hard for a band
> to stay relevant.
>Especially with such a strong debut lp, there is no upside.
> It is not
>horrible, very pleasant to listen to.
>

>On 12/4/13 9:58 PM, "Jay
> Pearson" < deepheep at yahoo.com > wrote:
>
>> IT IS NOT WORTH THE $$$
>> WHAT
> AN AWFUL ALBUM!
>> First song is the only good song, one song is exactly the
> same as the
>> Corporate America version, two others are remakes of songs from
> CA, rest vary
>> from awful to about equal to the worst tracks on Third
> Stage.
>>
>> None of the songs are remotely close in quality to the debut or
> Don't Look
>> Back. I still rank the debut album as one of the greatest debut
> albums in
>> history, if not the greatest.
>>
>> If you actually liked the
> Corporate America album, you might like this,
>> otherwise don't waste your
> money. Melodicrock.com gave it a 65% rating, which
>> I thought was pretty
> generous.
>>
>> Just me opinion! But you are far far far better off buying

Igor
> Shveytser
Heeplist mailing
Heeplist at travellersintime.com