[Heeplist] Salisbury quadraphonic version ( i would love a quad copy being this is fave Heep album)

Heepfan1 ehallib at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 21:06:32 EST 2013

Shawn,

Thanks for finding this clip. Sometime this weekend I can analyze this to see if this translates to multichannel under normal standards.  Quadraphonic sound was an early attempt to create surround sound and was an analog separation process to take stereo recordings and place some of the sound to back left and back right speakers for those who had the right system to decode it.  At the time, I read that the effect was minimal at best unless you owned a very expensive quad receiver.  At any rate,  this version of Salisbury is very welcome.  Even on my laptop, the sound seems very upfront compared to other uploaded versions.  Thanks!

Ed