[Heeplist] (no subject)

Cláudia Leão claudia.plf at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 03:24:21 EST 2013

Rick,

I can't ask all my family and friends to join me on Weibo, I NEED to connect to FB. I don't have a phone so the only way I have to keep in touch with my relatives is through it. And The Great Firewall is also blocking access to my wordpress blog.

About the people I've mentioned that never heard about the Beatles - they were not teenagers, they were around my age, on their 40s.

I'm getting crazy here. After 8 months traveling peacefully, in two days in China I was already ripped off four times (even in a convenience store) and yesterday I was victim of a scam and I lost almost 2000 dollars. When I asked for help to the hotel's concierge to call the police he told me that that would be a waste of time since I can't PROVE what happened and I can't identify the ladies who stole me.

I've been dreaming about visiting China since I started practicing kung fu more than 10 years ago, I was expecting that this would be the most wonderful part of my journey but today I feel miserable. I've spent the entire morning crying and I just don't wanna leave the hotel room.
Do you know how it is to be 100% by yourself, without a connection with relatives and friends, and having to learn that you should not trust people...?

Best,

Claudia