[Heeplist] Remasters - The Official Anthology

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 15:12:02 EST 2013

The title is highly deceptive. These are not remastered tracks but reworked tracks. Most of them use live recordings from Acoustically/Electrically Driven and have some new parts recorded, so the lineup is Box/Shaw/Bolder/Lanzon/Kerslake for all songs. I don't remember all the details, but when this first came out, I've never seen the list bash a Heep album so badly. Not even Equator has taken that kind of beating.

That said, I really enjoy it. I know what it is and listen to it that way, so I recommend it...but only if you're aware of what you're getting.

Jay
np - Glass Harp - s/t

 From: Damian Leyland <damianleyland at hotmail.com>

Remasters - The Official Anthology is the only Heep CD that I don't have. It
was expensive at the time it came out so I didn't buy it.

What does everyone think of it and are the remastered tracks the same as the
regular remastered CD albums?

In other words is it worth buying?