[Heeplist] Ian Hunter rumour?

Rick Wilson futureprimitive1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:54:35 EST 2013

Hi, All!

Anyone remember the rumour about Ian Hunter being asked to join "Uriah
Heep"?  I believe this would have been after David Byron and John Wetton
left the band, so circa 1976, probably through the Trevor Bolder/Mick
Ronson connection.  This would certainly have been quite unique, indeed, to
say the least.  It would have been interesting to know if "England Rocks",
"Overnight Angels", "Golden Opportunity" or the Heep-sounding "Wild 'n'
Free" were influenced by Mick and co., etc.  By the way, in my search for
anything Warren Haynes/Gov't Mule/Heep related, I didn't see that he did
any Heep covers, although, he jammed with "Deep Purple" during their gig in
London this year, and there was some interesting stuff over at the
Universal Wheels sister website.  I also downloaded a nifty Mick Box
interview, a phoner, that he did with WLVR, 91.3 FM for Lehigh University
near Philadelphia around the release of "Wake the Sleepers" that I could
send to anyone who would like to give it a listen.

Rick
[?]

--
http://about.me/rick.wilson