[Heeplist] Uriah Heep vs Ken Hensley

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Sat Nov 2 21:48:34 EDT 2013

I think this is the first year I have ever listened more to Ken than Heep, and that's more than a bit odd for me, but I've just found Ken to have a little bit more of interest to offer than Heep with his new live and studio albums, my interest in Heep is more about who's in the band, and who's they lost this year over what they play. I really think they need a new studio album, but I have to wonder how they will do without Trevor, when Lee left Russell kind of gave them a boost, but they also lost that last connection to the classic Heep sound, and I'm afraid losing Trevor will really hurt them in the writing as well as their sound, which may take another step away from that Heep sound and may cost them more long time fans that didn't like the change when Lee moved on. I think they may move to a more modern sound which I'm fine with but I know others don't feel the same. I would love for them to take on a heavier harder rocking style like I could hear on the Russian bootleg recording. DS
(:€)~