[Heeplist] Robin Trower (Some Heep Content)

ray clark raymond.clark at att.net
Thu Oct 24 17:55:57 EDT 2013

    I saw Robin Trower in South Bend Ind. a couple years ago. The band doesn't have much audience interaction, pretty much just sticking to music. the singer who replaced  away James Dewar did a descent job, but definitely lacked the soulful sounds of Dewar. I listened to Trower's times with Jack Bruce, (BLT, Jack Bruce, Bill Lordan, Robin Trower) And just wasn't the same as with Dewar. When Trower plays in the states he has a very accomplished drummer, Pete Thompson (Silverhead who toured with Uriah Heep in the early 70s, he then was in The David Byron Band) I tried to stick around and chat with Pete, but could not find him. I wanted to talk about his times backing up Heep and his times with Byron. Maybe Robin Trower will tour again and I'll plan a bit better. I just love "Little Bit of Sympathy"