[Heeplist] Trouble review

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Oct 18 07:17:22 EDT 2013

 I agree, songs are often very personal (even if fictional), and when you give 'em to another singer this either must be HIS terrific interpretation that breathes in a new life into a song, or the song itself must be a masterpiece no matter who sings. Otherwise songs might lose their magic. And it happens with our beloved artists from time to time.
Cheers, Igor

Пятница, 18 октября 2013, 13:59 +03:00 от Tapio Minkkinen <tapio at uriah-heep.fi>:
>Often it's not the technically best singer who's the best person to
>sing a song, the one who has written the lyrics has more emotional
>connection to the song. This is also the case with Ken, the lyrics are
>mostly very personal and that makes him the best choice as a singer.
>This is why I enjoy some Heep songs more when Ken sings them live than
>when I hear Heep playing them even though Bernie Shaw is much better
>vocalist than Ken.
>
>--
>TapioM.
>tapio at uriah-heep.fi
>
>www.uriah-heep.fi
>

>Lainaus DAVID M SHERROD < porcupineheep at cox.net >:
>
>> I'm not a fan of Ken's singing either, that's what great about this
>> album he has a good lead singer, Ken's fine as a backup singer, and
>> in some ballads. I'm not really sure what the message below is saying.
>> (:€)~

>>> I am not a big fan of Ken's singing these days so forgive me if I
>>> am less enthused by this prospect. Overall, sounds like I will not
>>> be looking for Trouble. Then again, you never know when Trouble
>>> comes your way :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the review!
>>>
>>> Dave

Igor Shveytser