[Heeplist] No more Trouble

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 17:45:10 EDT 2013

I've listened to Trouble several times now and I quite like the singer. Yes, he does show some similarities to Sloman at times, but I have no problem with that. He's a good singer.

As for the album, I now like it better than any Hensley solo album since Proud Words. The songwriting on Blood on the Highway might be a tad bit better, but a single lead singer comes across as stronger overall to my ears.

One song (Todo Loco) actually reminds of Modern Heep rather than the other way around, with Ken sounding a bit like Phil! HAHAHA!

No weak songs, once I got the lyrics for Trouble and Todo Loco. Guitarist clearly understands Mick Box phrasing, but no more similar than the singer is to Sloman.

The best parts are Ken's Hammond and the overall heaviness of the album. He seems to have listened to what the fans have been clamoring for, unlike Faster. Only one ballad ala L&OM, and it's WAY better.

The feel to my ears is a true successor to Firefly (what Innocent Victim or Fallen Angel should've been).

The only thing missing to make this the best Uriah Heep album since Firefly is the Heep Choir, otherwise this is as good as anything the current lineup has done except for Sea of Light.

Just my 2 cents.

Jay
np - Great White - Great Zeppelin