[Heeplist] Rock & Roll Hall of Shame

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 16:53:12 EDT 2013

Deep Purple have finally been nominated, which is as close as Heep will ever get. There are a handful of other deserving acts, most notably Yes, that are nominated as well. As usual, at least half leave me scratching my head why they are nominated. I also voted for Kiss (laugh at me if you want).

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/ is the place for fans to vote. The fans are why Rush made it in last year, and probably Heart as well (they finished 1-2 in fan voting). Fan voting only counts as one vote, but based on last year's vote, the fans' vote had a lot of sway on the voters, I think they were pretty shocked how many fans voted for Rush and realized they finally had no choice but to vote for them as well, and Heart's finish seems to have also influenced many voters who were on the fence.

We all, of course, wish Heep would get the same recognition, as they clearly are more deserving of a nomination for the ROCK AND ROLL HoF than many of those nominated (or already in), but anyone who thinks there's a hope of them getting even close to a nomination probably also believe that David Byron's death was a hoax. I figure that Deep Purple's the next best thing.

Jay
np - Thunder - Laughing on Judgment Day