[Heeplist] Music and hearing

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Wed Oct 9 18:02:15 EDT 2013

I know we all love Heep music, though not always the same songs or era. I have always been interested in what each of us hear in music. I have never been more understanding of this till my recent Kamelot concert with my oldest friend from high school, we have always had the closest taste in music of anyone I ever knew, only he is a world class musician on keyboards as well as guitar and bass, and I just make noise on guitar and bass. Anyway after the show we agreed it was just about the perfect volume, and from where we were no audience chatter at all, which left me wishing I would have recorded it, would have come out amazing. Anyway walking to the car we agreed on everything, and then he said, but the guitar tone was so high pitched and to loud, which took me back because my only complaint was the guitar was a bit muffled. We kind of looked at each other thinking what? We were standing next to each other at the concert, but it's clear over the year's that I have lost a lot of the high end of my hearing, and he has lost more of the low end which explains how we adjust our stereos, I'm always turning up the treble, and his the bass.
Dave