[Heeplist] Sportpalast Berlin Germany 1973

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sat Oct 5 20:54:14 EDT 2013

 I must admit, I truly like what Mick has been doing since the very first days of the band but there are some more than classic tracks that do almost "sans" :) Mick: Easy Livin', Return To Fantasy, The Wizard, Lady In Black and sure there are more, that could be played without his input and still are very Heepy. Classic Uriah Heep were a band with a signature way of delivering it, and, if you have an ear for music, it'd be tough indeed pinpointing the key-members... for each of them was.  Perhaps, except for the drummers on the first two albums - that was a bit shy on that side... So, yes, I can easily imagine them play without Mick (such things happen), and no, he never could be replaced. And I believe he shouldn't have been. No, it's not the same without, but you can't be serious imagining there could be any substitution if we talk real classics of the genre.
Cheers, Igor

Пятница,  4 октября 2013, 17:04 -05:00 от Shawn Mctopy <shawn.mctopy at selu.edu>:
>Did the group carry-on, sans *Mick* totally, or did they have someone *
>stand-in*, on the guitar, for the performance?
>
>I can't imagine a *HEEP* gig without *Mick Box*?!? That would be like a
>peanut butter & jelly sandwich, without the *Peanut Butter!*
>
>*Mick Box* has a unique style and tone, he can't be really be replaced! *
>Mick's* guitar wizardry is, along with the *Hammond Organ*, a key
>ingredient in the *Sonic Gumbo* known as *URIAH HEEP!*
>
>*Shawn -*
>

>On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Bob W < uriahheep at comcast.net > wrote:
>
>> Wow I never thought about that did Mick ever call out sick?
>>
>> Bob Winward
>>
>> > On Oct 4, 2013, at 3:42 PM, DAVID M SHERROD < porcupineheep at cox.net >
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I know nothing, so come everyone, this is real good Heep talk let's give
>> us an answer.
>> > Dave

>> Mick playing. I have this and was just wondering if it was the only
>> one.......Sportpalast Berlin Germany 1973-02-07

>> > Travellers in Time Website
>> >  http://www.travellersintime.com
>> >
>> > Official Uriah Heep Website
>> >  http://www.uriah-heep.com