[Heeplist] Different World

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 13:36:42 EDT 2013

Different World is the second weakest album IMO (only Equator do I rank lower). Igor's description is perfect. Nothing bad, but very little that stands out (mainly Cross That Line, although I also like Blood on Stone quite a bit). Much of the problem stems from the record label going under and Trevor having to produce under crappy conditions with sub-par equipment.

Jay
sp - Rainbow

 From: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>

"Different world" was probably the weakest of all the Heep offerings if we are still in Uriah Heep coordinate system. It is ok by so-called commercial rock standards (nothing outstanding but at the same nothing that could possibly harm you :))) However, I like Cross That Line and the self-titled song off the record. The rest is... for die hard fans of the 80-s-90-s Heep only. In a way it continues the path of Raging Silence but the melodies are mostly poor and so is the sound. I believe whatever the musicians say, they actually understood they did something very wrong after some time (perhaps, even at once) - and the outcome was a totally different approach while working on the next record which happens to be the most loved post-Hensley era disk by some people here. However, I do prefer Sonic Origami to Sea Of Light, but that is another story.