[Heeplist] Mac Steagall's Health

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 13:25:44 EDT 2013

Igor, this is amazing, I actually agree with you almost 100%! Except for the last sentence, as I think they have released several great ones since! :-)

I used to think Conquest was as wimpy as High & Mighty. Now I think both are excellent albums full of great songs. John Sloman's voice is not for everybody (I guess only Pete loves him! ;-))) but I enjoy Sloman for the most part. There's not a single weak song on the album.

Jay
np - Rainbow - Black Masquerade (great official live release of the Doogie White lineup!)

 From: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>

Coyote?! :)))) Obviously, you don't like Glenn and the likes much :))) As for me, I love Conquest - it is a very good record, no matter what they say musicians themselves inclusive. Unfortunately, most of the time success is the only measure. If it 'd be with the album - the general attitude should have been different, I am sure. Musicianship and songwriting there are both excellent, one just got to have proper ears. Also a matter of taste, of course, but even if you don't fancy the vocal parts you can not ignore how good both melodies and playing are. The last one great for me.