[Heeplist] Mac Steagall's Healthy

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Sep 6 19:37:26 EDT 2013

 "Different world" was probably the weakest of all the Heep offerings if we are still in Uriah Heep coordinate system. It is ok by so-called commercial rock standards (nothing outstanding but at the same nothing that could possibly harm you :))) However, I like Cross That Line and the self-titled song off the record. The rest is... for die hard fans of the 80-s-90-s Heep only. In a way it continues the path of Raging Silence but the melodies are mostly poor and so is the sound. I believe whatever the musicians say, they actually understood they did something very wrong after some time (perhaps, even at once) - and the outcome was a totally different approach while working on the next record which happens to be the most loved post-Hensley era disk by some people here. However, I do prefer Sonic Origami to Sea Of Light, but that is another story.
Cheers, Igor

Igor Shveytser